Sadly this is the last Sunday Something for the Weekend will be on BB2
Tim Lovejoy, Louise Rednapp, Simon Rimmer & Wayne Collins have been my staple Sunday morning veiwing for so long now & was 1 of the best programmes on TV.
Not only was it chat, but cookery & cocktails, they had fun, well it certainly appeared to be fun from this side of the screen.
We’ll miss you all but will tune into your new show on channel 4 when it starts.
Thanks for brightening up my boring Sunday mornings.
Mint choc chip whoopie pies
Fun chocolate biscuits sandwiched with homemade ice cream – a mint choc twist on the usual whoopie pie.
- For the mint choc chip ice-cream
- For the biscuits
- To serve
- Line the cups of a muffin tin with cling film and place in the freezer.
- For the mint choc chip ice-cream, beat the double cream until very soft peaks form when you remove the whisk, then whisk in the condensed milk until smooth. Fold in the peppermint oil and taste (add more if necessary).
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave thin bits of chocolate into the cream mix, then fold them in.
- Scoop the mix into the prepared muffin tin cups. Each cup will be the deep filling for a single whoopie pie. Smooth the tops and freeze overnight.
- For the biscuits, preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.)
- In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Then fold in the chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together, then fold into the chocolate and egg mixture, until thoroughly combined.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray (the mixture should make 36 biscuits) and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool on a rack.
- Melt the extra chocolate, if using, and pour this over the cookies, then set aside to cool.
- When ready to serve, use the clingfilm to turn out the ice cream from the muffin tin and sandwich a peice of ice cream between two whoopie biscuits.
- Dust with cocoa powder and icing sugar and serve immediately.