Pickin’ Chickens is a great game from Drumond Park for children aged 4+ and for 2-4 players(rrp £19.99). Not only does it help with colours and counting, it also helps with their memory skills. A fun way to learn without them realising it.
Drumond Park have made learning fun with Pickin’ Chickens, although I will admit when the fox jumps out the tree stump it still makes me jumps, even when I think I’m expecting it!
The girls really enjoyed playing the game, it’s easy to set up and start playing. There are chicken coops that fit in holes on the circular base, these cover different coloured chickens or a farmer, whose recipient gets a farmer card (which they keep until someone else lands on it and they take the card).
The board gets spun and each child picks up a coop, they then take a plastic model chicken matching the colour in the coop, pop the chicken on their card and put the coop back. If whilst playing the fox pops up then each player loses a chicken, unless they are holding the farmer card, which means they don’t lose a chicken. The game carries on until someone has either filled their card (for younger players) or collected each colour of chicken.
It gets fun trying to remember where the right coloured chickens are and personally I think the kids did better than us oldies!
For stockists and more information, visit www.drumondpark.com – and for grown-up giggles and to share adult games experiences, go over to their ‘Not so Quiet Night In’ blog at www.drumondpark.com/blog/
I have a Pickin’ Chickens game to give away to one of my readers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* This giveaway will begin on 2nd Sept 2017 and will close on 4th Oct 2017
* This giveaway is open to any of my readers aged 18 or above who reside in the UK.
* There is no cash alternative to the giveaway
* There is one compulsory entry which asks the entrant to comment on this blog. You can gain additional entries using the options in the Rafflecopter widget
* There is 1 (one) prize.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their details for me to pass to Drumond Park.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winners will be chosen by using a random number generator built into the Rafflecopter widget and will be contacted directly on the email address provided within two (2) days of the draw.